There has never been a more exciting time to be involved in politics locally and nationally.
Being a member of North East Hertfordshire Conservatives means that you have joined the most open and democratic political party in Britain. We have so much work to do here in East Hertfordshire as well as nationally. Being a member is about joining a group of people who really care about the town and what to stand up and make a difference in a number of ways. Whatever your ability - new to politics or not - we always welcome new members to join us in the fight for North East Hertfordshire that works for everyone.
Right from day one though you will have a chance to influence party policy by letting us know your views. You can also join us at a wide variety of events that have our councillors and party MP's in attendance.
Other benefits of membership are:
- The chance to make a difference in your local community through our campaign work
- Regular updates of social and political events throughout the year
- The chance to meet new and interesting people and network
- Opportunities to develop new skills and get campaign training
- Invitations to attend the Party Conferences and meetings
- Taking part in the Conservative Policy Forum that helps the party develop its policies
- Opportunity to vote for and stand as a candidate for local and national elections
Any person living in the United Kingdom is eligible to join the Conservative Party. Applicants are not required to be registered voters or UK nationals. There is no upper or lower age limit on membership, although children under the age of 15 cannot be enrolled as full voting members. After three months members become entitled to a vote in all party ballots.
It costs just £25 per year to join - just over £2 a month - or just £15 for serving or former members of the Armed Forces, and £5 for anyone under the age of 23, who will also automatically join our Young Conservatives branch too.
You can become a member really easily online through our party website here. We encourage all of our members to pay be direct debit, which means you can spread payments and not have to worry about renewals - and it also means that the local association is funded more easily to pay for our vital campaign work.
If you are an existing member looking to renew you can also do so on the party website here.
For any more information about joining contact any of our team or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!